Friday, July 27, 2012

Get Ready For ‘Scandal’ Season Two!


I started watching ABC‘s Scandal (from the great mind of the Grey’s Anatomy creator Shonda Rimes) on Hulu the other day and did not stop until I had completed the entire first season. I won’t get into the emotional roller coaster that the show put me on, or the eternal beauty that is Kerry Washington, or all of the philosophical and social quandaries the show throws at us, even as it functions as a way for viewers to live out all of their secret fantasies (for if you get involved as much as I did, you practically become Olivia Pope– savior, crime solver, presidential lover extraordinaire). I won’t go into those things right now; that show deserves its own pop culture theory post and I’m working on that as we speak. For now, let’s just focus on the simple fact that Season 2 is coming!!! And there may (or may not) be a baby on board! Check out some new deets (from the ‘President‘ himself), inside.

Tony Goldwyn (Scandal‘s President Fitzgerald Grant) Spills A Few Beans To Entertainment Weekly:

At the end of Scandal‘s juicy seven-episode first season, President Fitzgerald Grant (Tony Goldwyn) was shocked when crisis manager (and love of his life!) Olivia Pope (Kerry Washington) devised a plan with his wife Mellie (Bellamy Young) to help him out of a sex scandal. Their solution? Go on 20/20 and proclaim the audio recording of his extramarital affair was of the First Couple, effectively putting a kibosh on Fitz’s plans to escape with Olivia. Blindsided? You bet — and also crushed, as we learn in the show’s season 2 opener.

“Fitz is totally heartbroken and, I think, betrayed,” Goldwyn says of the Prez at the start of the second season. “He’d obviously made a decision; he was ready to resign the presidency and be with the woman he loved. Olivia and his wife stole that from him. They pulled the rug out from under him and [now] he hates her.” But also loves her. Yes, even after the deceit, Goldwyn assures that “when you’re in love with somebody in the way he’s in love with Olivia, you can never get rid of that…. That magnetic pull will certainly bring them together in some way — and I don’t know how yet.”

The 13-episode second season, which picks up a few months after the finale, also quickly addresses part 2 the women’s on-air damage control, says Goldwyn: Mellie’s fake pregnancy, which needed to become a reality — quickly. “I can tell you that the pregnancy and the impending child is an issue,” he says, not confirming whether there will or will not be a First Baby on board. “I literally can’t say anything, but it’s a factor on the show. It’s a point of contention.”

But even with drama in his personal life, Fitz is feeling more secure than ever in his role as leader of the free world. After nearly stepping down last season, Fitz has become “a soldier for the job,” he says. “He has acknowledged to himself that he’s here for a higher purpose and his personal happiness and his personal relationships are irrelevant. He hardens himself and puts all of his focus on serving the people and being the best president he can be.”

Read more scandalisciousness here.

To say that I cannot wait for this second season would literally be the understatement of my life. Kerry Washington never gets old for me; I can pretty much look at her face all day (which is what I did during my Scandal marathon and yeah, it was awesome). It took me about five minutes to warm up to the dramatic, fast-paced flow of Scandal but once I was in, I was in, on my gladiator ish. So yeah I CANNOT WAIT for season two!

Did you miss the season finale? No worries. Watch it here :) You’re welcome.

Scandal: Season One Trailer

#TeamShondaland

Source

Source: http://www.pinkisthenewblog.com/2012-07-27/get-ready-for-scandal-season-2

Jennifer Beals Amanda Bearse Kate Beckinsale Catherine Bell Kristen Bell

No comments:

Post a Comment