Saturday, June 30, 2012

Nicki Minaj Speaks On Summer Jam: ‘At A Certain Point You Just Want Respect’

We got to hear Lil Wayne‘s ridiculous explanation on the Nicki Minaj/Young Money/Summer Jam fiasco a couple of weeks back, and now we’ve got some words from Nicki herself. And thankfully, it’s not via another interview with Funkmaster Flex. Those two were seriously not working out for me on that last convo. This time, Nicki sat down with the UK’s Tim Westwood. “I want to let people know that I’m not getting on your stage, if you don’t have your mind right,” and other gems inside.

Nicki Minaj On Summer Jam, Respect, And Her Barbs:

Ok, um. I think I’m over the whole explanatory phase of this episode. I’m also over listening to Nicki Minaj tell us how many records she sold; she’s better than that, right? I mean, does she really need to convince us that she’s hot ish? We know! You’re Nicki Minaj! You sell records! But all of those records doesn’t make Starships a ‘real hip-hop’ song, which was all Rosenberg (of Hot 97) was saying. I listened to this interview because, silly me, I thought she was actually going to explain herself or admit that she just didn’t feel like performing… or something.

And I loooove that Tim Westwood started off the interview with, “I felt for you, I felt for you!” And then Nicki with, “It was gonna be shut dooown!” Yes. Had you actually performed. You would have shut it doooown. But ya didn’t. It’s fun to think about how cool it would have been if you did, right?

Lol, like I said. I think I’m over this. And the good news is, she says it’s all love with Hot 97 so I’m guessing she’s over it too.

Anybody else also trying to figure out where Nicki‘s real voice ends and where the accents and fun stuff begins? Do you think this (and her many other performative aspects) make her an easy target? I guess I’m really thinking that Nicki Minaj is a performer and her performance as an artist got dissed; but Nicki Minaj claims to have taken it personally. Why? We don’t even know who she really is as a person; how can we or anyone else really, really disrespect her?

Although, to be fair, at the end of the interview she says her Barbs see her more intimately than anyone else and I’ve never been to a show (nor am I a Barb), so maybe I’m just missing it.

Anyway, ya’ll know I love Nicki. Just no more Summer Jam talk please. Aggghhh.

Source Source

Source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/pinkisthenewblog/~3/ZXTCluw9Jfs/

Jessica Biel Rachel Bilson Summer Bishil Karen Black Selma Blair

No comments:

Post a Comment