Friday, August 19, 2011

Christopher Mintz-Plasse Recalls Crashing Car On 'When I Was 17'

The season premiere of 'When I Was 17,' also featuring Bow Wow and Colbie Caillat, airs Saturday at 11 a.m. ET on MTV.
By Nuzhat Naoreen


Christopher Mintz-Plasse on "When I Was 17"
Photo: MTV

In the new movie "Fright Night," Christopher Mintz-Plasse plays a character who's hot on the heels of a predator. It's a role in which he's had some practice. Back when he was 17, Mintz-Plasse and his friends actually played a game called "Predator." On the season premiere of "When I Was 17" this Saturday at 11 a.m. ET, Mintz-Plasse recounts how one particularly intense game ended with him crashing his car.

"When I was 17, this is a game in the valley that you play with your friends, it's called 'Predator,' " Mintz-Plasse explains. "You start at a friend's house, two people get in the backseat, and they get blindfolded so they don't know where they're going.

"So, you drop them off on a corner somewhere and take the blindfolds from them. The car goes back to the house, and when that happens, that's when the game actually starts."

The goal for his passengers was to find a way back to home base without getting tagged, but Mintz-Plasse wasn't about to let that happen. He decided to drive especially rough to confuse his blindfolded friends before dropping them off. But, his efforts went one step too far.

"I was driving, and I like to mess with my friends, so I was really trying to get in their heads," he recalls. "And I was just jerking left and right, and then I hit the gas pedal going up a hill, and I turn the wheel, and I lost control, and the two right wheels went up. It was horrifying. It almost tipped over this way, but I grabbed the wheel and spun it back down."

While his quick thinking might have helped him avoid a major accident, he still faced some damage. "As the car slammed, it just spun up on a curb and ran into a fence," he says.

Luckily, everyone walked away without injuries, but his parents were less than pleased when they heard the news. "My parents were pissed," he adds.

Find out whether Mintz-Plasse got to keep his car keys on the season premiere of "When I Was 17" this Saturday.

"When I Was 17" — this week featuring Bow Wow, Christopher Mintz-Passe and Colbie Caillat — premieres Saturday at 11 a.m. ET on MTV.

Related Videos

Source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1669238/christopher-mintz-plasse-when-i-was-17.jhtml

Julie Benz Elizabeth Berkley Halle Berry Angela Bettis Leslie Bibb

No comments:

Post a Comment